Friday, February 20, 2009

10 Days Late Update

This is getting serious. The OB said this baby is likely upwards of 9 pounds. This is NOT what I had in mind. I'm going to have to birth a toddler. She better come out singing her ABCs. But she's otherwise happy and healthy in there. The NST was perfect. Her fluid levels are good. There is technically no hurry, but are you kidding me!

So I did go to another acupuncture appointment. I have to say, I started contracting more intensely after my treatment yesterday afternoon. Lasted through the night, but has pretty much stalled this morning, typical. Probably going to have to wait until this evening again to see if my uterus wants to play ball or not. In the mean time, I'm back to hunting down a new child care provider as my "perfect" gal has flaked. Awesome - so glad the 6 references I checked on her paid off. Anyway, went and saw 5 daycares yesterday. 2 more today. Just looking for what will work best for all of us and doesn't cost the same as our mortgage.

Really, all is well. The sun is out. We're all happy (relatively) and healthy and eager. Thanks for all your thoughts and emails-

The Interminably Pregnant

8 comments:

Becky said...

Hang in there and thanks for the update. We've been praying for you guys. So glad to hear you're both healthy...now does she realize I've been waiting to find out her name and the longer she takes the longer I have to wait. Maybe just mention it to her...I bet she'll come as soon as she realizes. :)

Stacey said...

If it makes you feel better, my 39 week ultrasound estimated Max at 9 lbs. 11 oz. and he was born 9 lbs. even 2 days later. Point being, maybe she's off too and Baby J is a not as large as her estimate? You're in my thoughts. Today was my predicted day for your birth so I have my fingers crossed.

JimJ said...

She is so chillin. A sign of her personality to come. "Jermajesty, get your homework done!" She'll just chill. "Jer, hurry we need to get to the concert, to school, to piano practice, to tennis practice!". She'll chill. So cool she is already. She knows we are anticipating her presence and she is enjoying the attention. Totally chillin. We should be too. But hard to when such a totally perfect wonderful little being is about to honor you with her presence.It does not get better.

JimJ said...

Elizabeth Gwen. You have been loved like no other even before you were born and loved even beyond that now that you are here with us. Your mother Suzanne loves you beyond words. Your father in calling us all said you are "as a matter of fact gorgeous, beautiful" and we know you are. Your great grandmother Virginia Gwen is smiling and writing a poem about you now. And probably ending it with "I, no, we all love you" And probably underling the word love. We can't wait to see you. Justin Suzanne, Elizabeth: you are a family. Family. The nicest word in the world. Congratulations, Grandpa.

anamarie said...

So, now that Uncle Jim's comment has me totally crying... Congratulations to Justin, Suzanne and Elizabeth Gwen!!! This world is a crazy place sometimes, my girl. But, it's beautiful... And though I haven't seen you yet, I know you are, too. Welcome to us!!
Cousin ana

Alice said...

Welcome Elizabeth Gwen!!! What a wonderful and exciting life you will have! We look forward to sharing many stories of family members you will not see, but will surely get to know... Their love will always be there for you and we will share their gifts and pass them on to you. We look forward to sharing your adventures and discoveries as you grow up to be a strong and loving woman. Meantime, bask in your Momma and Daddy's love. Can't wait to hold you! Love, Gramma Alice

Erin said...

Congratulations on Elizabeth's arrival! Totally loving the name you have chosen for your little (or possibly big) girl :) Can't wait to see pictures and hear the story of her much anticipated arrival!

Hugs from Boston -
Erin Elizabeth :)

Stacey said...

She's here! I'm so excited. I have heard through the grapevine that she's perfectly healthy and beautiful. No surprise there. Congrats to you and Justin and welcome Elizabeth Gwen!