Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's it mean when the Baby Due Date Clock poops out?

A full one week late and no signs that anything is brewing. Also, an ominous sign - the Baby Due Date clock I bought when I found out we were pregnant died. No more clock, just a blank, sad little digital screen. Guess it was tired of waiting too :)

With that, I decided to take matters into my own hands and I scheduled an acupuncture appointment with an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility and women's health (read "able to charge more" :) She spent a whole hour and 45 minutes placing needles, heating them, putting low voltage electricity to them, I dunno what else, but let's just say that it's now been 18 hours and no baby. I have another appointment scheduled for Thursday. She even put me at the end of her schedule to ensure she'd have enough time to spend to really "get things going." Evidently my chi needs some work.

Otherwise still feeling fine. Sleeping okay, but my bladder is shrinking by the minute. Samba and I enjoy relaxing around the house as most of the work is done - just still doing little projects which I think are the things normal people do, but having been living in a construction zone - just having to clean the bathroom and sort through old magazines is a luxury.

Oh and is it raining! It is truly Oregon like around here. It has been raining non-stop for the last 4 days (spoken like a Californian eh?). Yesterday we got 1.3" alone which for around here means drains flooding and people either driving 40 or 80 on the freeway, neither really safe. We are also so grateful we got our new roof on this past spring before this winter as we would have been putting out some buckets in the living room otherwise.

Well, I'm prattling on at this point. Will keep things posted when I can. Hopefully I will be preoccupied with other things soon!
SJ

3 comments:

Erin said...

Does the Baby Due Date Clock pooping out belong on the "Things That are Wrong" list?

Not gonna lie, I have been stalking your site just HOPING it will open up with a picture of a beautiful little girl and title of "She's (finally) Here!" with the much anticipated name. Guess I have to keep stalking.

Love ya - EOB

Stacey said...

Have you looked into the process for an eviction notice? Might come in handy. I feel like Friday is Baby J's day. TGIF, Baby!

Perry Black said...

Hey, maybe you could get A-Roid's cousin to inject you with some over-the-counter-drug from the Dominican Repulic? That might speed up the delivery...

/Per