Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The "Due" Date

Today is Baby J's due date and she's thus far not interested in joining us. Although, I have been contracting a little more frequently than my usual. (For those of you how don't know, I've been contracting since 22 weeks, so it's old hat by now.) I want to thank many of you for your sweet emails and phone calls. Evidently many thought I would have delivered by now and I was holding out hope for yesterday, the 9th, which was a full moon, but to no avail. She's happy where's she's at. Can't blame her. It's been a little chilly these past few days down here. Perhaps she's waiting for a warmer, sunny day :)

I'm holding up well. Able to sleep through the night which is a real gift (except for one or two pee breaks - not bad all said). I'm still able to go about running errands and continuing to get the house organized. It's almost there. My kitchen is fabulous. Having lived 4 months without it, I'm in hog heaven and baking up a storm. Even made muffins before Justin left for work yesterday (ok, it was a mix - I'm not a total Suzy Homemaker).

My next OB appointment is Wednesday. We'll see what she says. She'll check my progress and if nothing has happened by Friday, I'll go have a non-stress test which basically means I go sit on a monitor for half an hour while they watch the baby's heart rate to make sure she is happy where she's at. Then we'll go from there. The average first time mom doesn't deliver until 41.2 weeks, so having not delivered yet is really to be expected albeit mildly disappointing.

Hope all is well with everyone. Keep in touch and I'll keep you posted as well!
SJ

3 comments:

Peaby said...

We're praying for you guys...healthy baby, healthy momma, and happy dad! Can't wait to meet your little darling.

Stacey said...

She has to wait for just the right moment to make her grand entrance. You can't rush perfection!

We're thinking of you and wishing you a great delivery experience!

Nina said...

My prayers are with you. I love baby J and her parents.