Sunday, December 14, 2008

8 Months!

It's official. I'm 8 months pregnant. Unfortunately, it is popularly believed that you deliver at the 9 month mark. However, we ladies are painfully aware that this is merely a cruel joke crafted by many with potential vested interest:

1) Men: who just want their pre-pregnant, less-moody wives back
2) Hallmark: 9 months sounds better than 10 on a sappy "Congratulations!" card
3) Hollywood: so they can make goofy pregnancy movies with people like Kate Hudson and Hugh Grant

I actually have 6 weeks to go until she's considered "full term" or 8 weeks to be at my 40 week due date. On one hand that seems really, REALLY close, on the other, it seems a long time to wait to take a full deep breaths again, and to stop being lapped by 85-year old ladies with walkers at the mall.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank all my blog commentators for their support. Their fun to read and also nice to know that y'all been there too and sympathize.

On a different note, we have our 32 week midwife appointment this Wednesday, followed by a tour of the labor and delivery department. Even though I rotated through the OR at the hospital where we plan to deliver, I never saw the L&D rooms nor even know where to go! Will be important for Justin as I will likely be in no state of mind to help with directions when the time comes.

So very exciting stuff. Drawing closer to the end. It's about now that if I start to think about it too much I wonder how did we ever get ourselves into this (spare me the obvious answers, this is a rhetorical question :) How did we decide to go and have a baby and how in the heck is it going to be that we, Suzanne and Justin, are going to be Mommy and Daddy to an undoubtedly perfect little being? Look, I'm already biased, guess I'm supposed to be a mom :)

XOXO
SJ

2 comments:

JimJ said...

Laurie and I are laughing at your recent blog. Great wit and feel like we are going on the journey with you. Read what you wrote and ran to the freezer to get some pumkin TCBY frozen yogurt to go with a late night left over pizza. Trying to empathize with the food cravings at odd hours. The best I can do to help. We love you both, er, all three. Just be yourselves and you will be perfect.

Alice said...

I want you to know that being a parent of "an undoubtedly perfect little human being" comes with certain drawbacks that I think you should know, yet be helpless to do anything about: You are going to find that every day is filled with awe and wonder, celebration and an intense connection of mind and soul with your "perfect little human being". ....and it gets more and more full of wonder and awe as the years go by.... I know, this all sounds over-the-top Mommyhood stuff, but the Mommies that read this know what I am talking about! The Baby Years are cute and cuddly, but wait until 30 or more years go by! Wow! Even better then, for there is so much to celebrate together!! To be heard and to hear. To cherish and be cherished. All this and so much more ahead for you and Justin!

XXXXOOOO on Theresa Brown Kelly Janes' birthday.