Monday, November 24, 2008

29 Weeks - Bring on the GERD


For those of you not in healthcare or don't watch enough pharmaceutical television ads, GERD = Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux Disease, more commonly known as really bad heartburn. I knew this was likely going to hit at some point and did it ever. One night after dinner I had full on chest pain from it. Fortunately TUMS solves the problem - temporarily. But if I bend over too fast after eating, I pay the price.

Baby J is still moving and a grooving in there. I fear she's going to hamper my Thanksgiving feasting as she's not really interested in sharing too much space with my post-meal expanded stomach. I've been relegated to eating meals about half the size of my normal portion. But don't you worry, I'm hardly wasting away. I've been gaining weight right on target and have totally stopped weighing myself at home. Just better not to know.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I can't believe it's already here and Christmas is around the corner. Soon I'll be 8 months, then delivery . . . Ahhh!

Gobble Gobble,
SJ

No comments: