Saturday, August 16, 2008

14 Weeks - Second Trimester!

Good Morning-
We've made it officially into the second trimester - the so-called honeymoon phase of the pregnancy. Things are going well. Nausea has abated, but I still can only eat what sounds good, and that isn't much. Last week it was cottage cheese of all things. And being someone who is usually starving for dinner, now I'm more of a lunch person and a few bites at dinner is all I can stomach. Whatever, I'm not exactly wasting away :) Insomnia is creeping in. Approximately every other night I wake up at 2am and that's it, I'm up. Great for when I'm doing night shift, but it's becoming a real drag the rest of the time. Hopefully this will abate as well.

On a less complaining note, I found a midwife. Linds and Jen - good salesmanship! Learned that they keep a couple midwives locked away at the Kaiser San Jose that is actually closer to our house than the one I work at. Also, working in the OB dept at my Kaiser, Santa Clara, I just see way too many things that make me nervous and have heard nothing but good things about this other Kaiser's dept. So, I have my first appointment with Roseanna on Sept 23rd. At K-San Jose, midwives manage all the normal labors and have a very active roll in coaching you through the whole process. Perfect!

Heading off to the gym to try and stay as active as possible. Still hitting the ball about once a week - as that's all my schedule permits, but my work life looks much better in September.
Will post again next week. Lots of love-
SJ

2 comments:

sarah said...

We are so excited for you two. Uncle Jim just told us you started a blog. You two will be great parents. There's no doubt you're going to have a cutie! I'm putting my guess down for boy.

JimJ said...

We are so very excited about your joyful adventure. You will be the greatest. Love the family photo. Boy or girl? In this day why limit yourself? Boy one day? Girl the next? Or Not So Much. Probably best to stick with gift as is. Love the sparkle in both of your eyes. Love the blog and your sharing your thoughts and all. JimJ