Saturday, October 18, 2008

24 Weeks

Hey Everyone!
I'm at work right now with some down time so I thought I'd get my blogging done. Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing exciting to report. Things are going along as they should. I did get my flu shot this week as is recommended to all pregnant women. What they failed to mention is the increased risk of pregnant women getting the "pseudo-flu". Yep, I got that. Low-grade fever, achy, icky, coughing, but not bad enough to stay home and be a total bum as much as I'd like to. This too shall pass and theoretically should reduce my chances of getting the full-blown badness and also is good antibodies for the baby. Already, I suffer for this child! Is it too early to start giving her a guilt complex??? :)

Lots of love-
SJ

Oct 22nd: 24 Week Addendum
As a little birthday present to myself, 2 days ago my "pseudo-flu" evolved into full blown, knock you on your butt, go ahead and call in sick, you're not going anywhere - flu. Awesome. I'm already tired of watching television, but whenever I get enough strength to do something, I take an hour (or three) to recover. Argh. At least my fever broke last night and this morning, I actually put on clean clothes. How's that for recovery. Could be worse. Couldn't imagine feeling like this 3 months from now, so I will count my blessings for which I have many, and go watch some more Bravo television :) As an aside, Baby J thinks all this coughing is fun. I think she enjoys the ride because after a coughing fit she starts rumbling around in there like, "can I ride again, pleeeaaase???"

3 comments:

Stacey said...

What on Earth? Take that hideous stretch mark photo down this minute! I'm wincing just looking at it. One of my goals in life is to never have a physician ask me, "Can we please take a photo of your ____, Stacey? We're never seen a case quite like this and would love to publish it."

JimJ said...

Up early doing some psuedo working and saw you musing about bags. Laurie and I were just talking about those little essential things. We have heard a number of positive things about "Petunia Pickle Bottom Baby Chic" Google it. Supposed to be all the rage you know. Jim and Laurie.

JimJ said...

Or look at Neiman Marcus web site and the Cole Haan Baby something bag.