Tuesday, July 22, 2008

10 Weeks and Counting

Hello Family and Friends!

Welcome to my first entry and foray into the "blogosphere". This is at the behest of a very excited father-in-law, and you know who you are :) that I should start a blog to share this exciting time with everyone. Having never blogged before and not being a terribly clever or colorful writer, I hope I may at least post some fun photos and debatably interesting insights into my first pregnancy. Here it goes.

At 10 weeks, I think I'm starting to feel better. The fatigue I've had sporadically over the last 4 weeks was worse than I had expected. Just an overwhelming need to sleep - worse than my usual need to sleep which many of you know is already quite profound. The nausea is abating, although it now rears it's heaving head around 8pm, sometime after dinner and before bed. Fortunately I've found ginger is a great help, and feel fortunate that I've found something that does ease the queasies, which is better luck than many women have.

I'm also doing a pre-natal yoga class on Monday nights. While I'm one of the earliest ladies there, it's good to hear tips and advice from women going through the various stages of pregnancy. Makes it all feel more real. Without of having the tell-tale tummy, I'm often left feeling just unwell instead of appreciating the symptoms that come with carrying a 1 oz future human being. That alone is a mind-blowing concept. Babies are born everyday, and historically and naturally speaking this is not an unusual or unique event, but this one is ours and it's growing in me, and that makes me teary just contemplating how awesome that is.

That should do it for my first post. Not sure how often I'll write. Our next big appointment is Aug 8th - for the first trimester screening test, which looks for Downs and other chromosomal abnormalities. It will also again confirm that everything still looks viable, which is my greatest fear, that I think I'm still pregnant, but it's made a turn for the worse - tho unlikely. So positive thoughts until then-
SJ

2 comments:

dawnzer said...

i love you so very much!!!!!! you are absolutely amazing suzanney! you and justin are just both so wonderful. i think you are doing and look so beautiful, we are all here for you thank you so much for sharing all of your thoughts and everything it sucks being so far away but i think of you guys so often! :) i love you i love you i love you!!! more than words can describe, seriously.

Laurie and Jim said...

You are awesome, Suzanne!! We love it. So glad the ginger helps - each day is quite the adventure. You and Justin are doing so great. And you are incredibly beautiful. We are here for you, love you, and totally share your hopes and dreams.